one green apple essay

One green apple essay

By Merlin

Intro

Have you thought about what it feels like to be someone who has just moved to this country and can’t speak your language? I think that This text shows that people need to actively welcome new people because we are all unique and we are better together.  Read this to know what this feels like.

Reason 1 

When Anna smiles at Farah, Farah feels better about the place where she is because someone is trying to be her friend and that makes her feel better about herself. This makes me think that some people are trying to make her fit in, but some people are not because it said in the text that people glanced at her with cruel smiles and Farah also heard her country’s name mentioned not in a nice way, and this makes her sad. What this part of the text shows is that people are not actively welcoming new people.

Reason 2

When Farah picks the green apple she feels like it mirrors herself because there was only one tree with green apples that were small and insignificant and that’s exactly how she feels, so she picks the one she feels is most like her. This makes me think that Farah feels like an odd one out but I think that people need to actively welcome new people because we are all unique and we are better together. We should all welcome newcomers no matter how different they are. Have you ever felt this way? Like you have not truly been welcomed? If you have then you know what it feels like so please try to actively welcome new people because we are all unique and we are better together.

Reason 3 

In the end, Farah helped grind the juice into the cups and one of the kids tried to stop her from placing it in the grinder, but when they ground it up they had trouble and needed help so they gave Farah a place to help push the grinder. When they drank the apple cider Farah thought she could taste her apple and it blended in perfectly with the other apples and I think that Farah still felt like the green apple except now she fits in just like the apple, and this supports my claim that this text shows that people need to actively welcome new people because we are all unique and we are better together. 

Conclusion

There many more people just like Farah that have gone through this, and even though Farah’s story never happened the events that happened mirrored several real-life events. I wonder just how many kids have gone through these things in life and how they handled it and I wonder if the people around them realized that people need to actively welcome new people because we are all unique and we are better together. I hope the others around them welcomed the people to the new places where they lived. Hopefully, they will read the text “one green apple” and understand that people need to actively welcome new people because we are all unique and we are better together.